Industry Engagement Team
Scope of work
A central point of contact for agriculture, fisheries, forestry food and fibre stakeholders. The team works with other Commonwealth agencies and state governments to ensure industry perspectives inform decisions. For all enquiries on specific industry issues relating to biosecurity, imports, exports and trade, please use the relevant contact details at our contact us page.
You can contact the department’s Senior Industry Engagement Officer on:
- Email Industry.Engagement@aff.gov.au
- Phone 0434 879 770
- 1800 900 090 or (61 3) 8318 6700 (outside Australia)
- Switchboard: (61 2) 6272 3933
If your issue relates to requests for permits, export legislation, imports or biosecurity, please contact the following:
Export Documentation System (EXDOC) Help Desk:
- Dairy, fish, grain, horticulture and eggs. Requests for Permits please call (02) 6272 4700
- Meat, inedible meat products, wool, skins and hides. Requests for Permits please call (02) 6272 4800
- 1800 502 437 or (61 2) 6272 4209 (from outside Australia)
- For enquiries relating to imports please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biosecurity Help Desk:
- Exotic Plant Pest Hotline: 1800 084 881 (plant pests and diseases, weeds and bees)
- Emergency Animal Disease Hotline: 1800 675 888 (sick livestock, poultry and aquatic animals)
- See. Secure. Report. hotline on 1800 798 636
Australian, state and territory governments provide support to farmers and farm business in times of hardship. Find out more at the FarmHub website. It connects Australian farmers to a range of helpful services and support.