Having trouble accessing the Micor website? Email email@example.com
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry maintains the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) as a resource for exporters of Australian agricultural products. When exporting agricultural products from Australia, exporters must comply with the Export Control Act 2020 and associated legislation and the importing countries’ requirements.
Micor provides guidance on importing country requirements for:
- meat—fresh meat, processed meat, animal by-products (e.g. skins, hides, pet food, rendered products, technical products)
- dairy—milk, milk powder products, butter, cream, cheese, other processed dairy products
- plants—fruit, vegetables, nursery stock, cut flowers and foliage, seeds, grains, stockfeed, timber
- fish—finfish, other seafood (e.g. bivalves, crustaceans, echinoderms, gastropods, cephalopods, tunicates), crocodile meat
- live animals—livestock, companion animals, horses, zoo animals, birds and hatching eggs, fish, bees and other invertebrates, reproductive material
- eggs—shell eggs, egg products
- goods not prescribed in the Act—honey and bee by-products, processed foods
- organics—including organics equivalence arrangements.
Micor is updated when the department becomes aware of a change to an importing country's requirements.
Micor is only provided as a guide. Exporters must confirm from their importer or the importing country’s relevant authority that they meet the importing country requirements.
Hear about Micor and some recent enhancements.
Access to Micor
A username and password is required to access Micor meat, plant protocols and documents in Micor plant and livestock entries in Micor live animals.
Exporters and people working in affiliated industries can request access to Micor content by completing the Apply for access online form. Approved individuals will receive a username and password to login to Micor.
People who want to export companion animals, including dogs and cats, can search Micor live animals by country to check importing requirements without login credentials.
If you need assistance with using Micor or cannot locate the importing country requirements for a particular country or commodity, please contact us.
Online: general inquiries form
Telephone: 1800 900 090 or + 61 3 8318 6700 (from outside Australia)
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
GPO Box 858
Canberra City ACT 2601